Quick Overview of the Best Canister Filters
**Below, you'll find our detailed reviews; you can also click the links above to check prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Canister Filter Buyer's Guide: What to Look For?
Let's discuss some of the key features you should look out for when you're buying a canister filter.
Tank Size vs. GPH
Filtration Process & Media Trays
Location, Location, Location
Canister filters can be quite large and not the easiest on the eye. Check the canisters dimensions before you purchase it so you can be sure you have a place to store it. They tend to run very quietly so you shouldn’t have any issues if you’re tank is located in your bedroom or where you watch TV.
Best Aquarium Canister Filters Reviewed
Let's filter through the top picks.
2. EHEIM Classic External Canister Filter
4. Fluval FX6 Canister Filter
5. Hydor Professional External Canister Filter
It Filters Down to This...
There’s no such thing as too much filtration! The higher the GPH and the more filtration processes, the better filtration you will get - resulting in a healthier tank.
It’s not a great idea to buy cheap when it comes to filters, you want to buy efficiency. This is the livelihood of your tank we’re talking about. You don’t want to take an unnecessary risk.
Latest posts by Christopher Adams (see all)
- Otocinclus Care Sheet: The Definitive Guide to Healthy Otos - September 17, 2017
- 13 Types of Algae: Causes, How to Get Rid, & Best Algae Eaters - September 10, 2017
- 12 Best & Suitable Betta Fish Tank Mates - September 5, 2017